Fourth Test preview: India v Australia

Australia's captain Steve Smith raises his bat while celebrating after scoring a century. Pic AFP

Former Australia skipper Michael Clarke on Wednesday slammed his country's media for "tarnishing" India skipper Virat Kohli's image and stressed that his country "loves" the Indian except a handful of journalists. Tensions have been ramped up since Kohli stopped just short of accusing Australian captain Steve Smith of cheating in the aftermath of the second Test in Bangalore, which India won to level the series at 1-1. That's one thing. That is something I experienced in Ranchi.

"I have always done the right thing, stuck by the right thing and said what I wanted to say because I feel that is right and I have nothing to go back and change". I have no regrets about anything I did. Back home when you're talking about building pressure you talk about maiden overs but here it's more if you go for two an over it's pretty good over. It is an indication that the pace bowler, who has not played after the third Test against England in Mohali due to knee trouble, may replace Ishant Sharma, who has struggled for wickets. "I don't think even Smith would bother about what the Australian media is saying".

"It's something that's happening on the outside (world)". I think what I try to do is look inside as to what are the things I need to improve on as a cricketer and as a person, what my team-mates and close people think of me.

"I have been fortunate enough to play a fair bit of cricket with Ajinkya and I think he reads and understands the game really well". They have never mattered.

Kohli's injury has added to the spice in one of the most enticing series of recent times with the fitting finale taking place on the lap of the scenic Dhauladhar ranges.

Iyer is uncapped at global level but boasts serious form against Australia, having finished 202 not out while batting for India A during the visitors' only tune-up for the current series. It will also be seen as a massive strategic triumph for a squad that has gone to great lengths to mark a turnaround in their poor run against sub-continental rivals. I've not done anything special so far but still the guys have fought it out. "So, I'm confident, he'll be able to do a good job for them". "Everyone has their own conscience to sleep with at night and same applies for everyone", the skipper said. I think Ajinkya Rahane will probably step up to captain their side. We will focus on that.

"I am delighted at the way the team has stood up". However, the challenge for India will emerge in the 2018/19 season, where they will have tours to England and Australia.

Iyer's 200 hundred in the warm-up game against Australia would give him confidence even though Mitchell Starc and Josh Hazlewood did not play that game. I won't deny that. "I pointed it out to the umpire as well that it has happened twice that I have seen their players looking upstairs for confirmation and that's why the umpire was at him (Smith)", he had said.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Merkel concerned Israeli settlements undermine two-state solution
Mar 25, 2017 - 00:39
Trump has expressed some ambivalence about a two-state solution, the mainstay of US policy for the past two decades. Declared illegal by the UN, Israeli settlements have massively expanded in recent years.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Phillauri Review: It is a light hearted, average love story
Mar 25, 2017 - 00:39
Adding, "The film has powerhouse performers with Anushka Sharma , Diljit Dosanjh and Suraj Sharma - all award-winning actors". Several other celebs like Kriti Sanon, Dia Mirza, Rajkumar Hirani, Kunal Kohli, Badshah were also present at the event.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Israel Police cyber unit cracks U.S. bomb threat case; suspect arrested
Mar 24, 2017 - 02:54
Attorney General Jeff Sessions in a statement praised the work of the Israeli police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation . But Jonathan Greenblatt, chief executive of the ADL , said anti-Semitism in the US remains a "very serious concern".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Health care rally planned outside Valadao's office
Mar 24, 2017 - 01:52
Open letter to my congressman: Thank you for seeking my views regarding the proposed American Health Care Act . After the news spread that the vote was postponed, California's congressional delegation began to respond.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Kim Kardashian West still susceptible after robbery
Mar 23, 2017 - 01:47
The reality star tells the camera, "Then he duct tapes my face, to get me to not yell or anything. In January 2016, French authorities arrested 16 people associated with the robbery.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Notifications Can Keep Track Of Where You Parked Your Car
Mar 23, 2017 - 01:46
Simply opening the notification allows them to not only see your location but also in return share their exact coordinates. Google Maps' New Feature: Yay or Nay? Google Maps is getting a pretty awesome new feature on Android , iOS , and the web.

UK Parliament terror attack: Lawmaker hailed as hero for helping policeman
Mar 23, 2017 - 01:45
His brother, a teacher, had been in Bali for a conference and was killed when a blast tore through the nightclub district of Kuta. The alleged attacker is believed ot have hit pedestrians on Westminster Bridge before running into the entrance of Parliament. .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Maury County girl and teacher have been missing one week
Mar 22, 2017 - 00:51
We're continuing to track down every possible detail leading up to the disappearance of Tad Cummins and Elizabeth Thomas . If they spot Cummins' vehicle, which has the license plate TN 976-ZPT, they are urged to call 911 immediately.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Executive at Mexico newspaper eyed in Brady jersey caper
Mar 22, 2017 - 00:46
Sources connected to the investigation tell us 2 Patriots jerseys and 1 Broncos helmet were recovered in Mexico. Dan Patrick said that he was going to have the Texas Rangers launch an investigation into the missing jersey .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top ARM to boost processor performance by 50x with new AI instructions
Mar 22, 2017 - 00:45
On that last point, ARM says that this performance boost will be a boon to computer vision and machine learning systems. With that in mind, ARM is announcing its DynamIQ architecture, which it labels "Multicore Redefined".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Greenback on the defensive, gold rises
Mar 22, 2017 - 00:45
On the chart below, we're looking at the recent move in EUR/JPY after last night's French Presidential debates. Neal Kashkari, who said he voted against the rate hike because inflation was still below the bank's 2% target.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top March Madness Live Streaming
Mar 22, 2017 - 00:44
Six games - including the Final Four national semifinals and National Championship game - will be streamed in VR. Additionally, the lower-tier virtual ticket will be similar to what fans experienced past year .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Manipur BJP Chief Minister N Biren Singh wins trust vote in assembly
Mar 22, 2017 - 00:43
The party, which was the second largest with 21 seats out of the 60 in the state assembly, needs another 10 to prove majority. The governor will address the House and the new government will present its first budget tomorrow.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Mass Effect Andromeda: 12 Critical Reactions You Need To Know
Mar 21, 2017 - 00:52
If you play the relationship through, Gil's best friend will ask the couple about donating sperm so they have a baby together. If you're in North America, you should be able to start playing at midnight, Eastern Time, on March 21.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Russia Claims: No Evidence Of Collusion - Nunes
Mar 21, 2017 - 00:52
Schiff also addressed President Trump's unfounded claim that former president Barack Obama had him wiretapped in Trump Tower. Many lawmakers, including Nunes and House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., have expressed skepticism that such wiretaps existed.