Miami Open: Isner, Zverev to fight for men's crown

Raonic earns second shot at Del Potro win streak as Zverev dumps Kyrgios out

"I'm 12 years older than you, you're 20 years old, you're No. 4 in the world, you have the brightest future ahead, you have the greatest team with you, you do everything the right way", Isner said.

Del Potro, seeded No. 5, was the fan favorite thanks to South Florida's large Latin population, and a flag-waving, ole-singing, near-capacity crowd tried to inspire a rally from the Argentine after he fell behind.

So that was certainly a big advantage for me. "To win like that in front of a crowd like that, with that atmosphere, you can't replicate moments like that". When you're that confident, even when you're super, super exhausted, you still find a way to win. I don't know what happened.

"When he plays as good as today, he's one of the tougher guys on the tour", del Potro said. "He's been the best player in the world for the past four, five weeks winning Acapulco, winning last week as well". I don't have any skills for that.

Isner began his tournament with a hard-fought three set victory over Jiri Vesely with the American winning 7-6 1-6 6-3 to progress.

Del Potro continued his run of excellent form at the Masters event as he overcame a 1-4 deficit to defeat No. 22 seed Filip Krajinovic of Serbia 6-4, 6-2 for his 14th consecutive victory. But both now have the chance to lift a Masters 1000 title, with Zverev aiming for his third and Isner his first. I've been here three other times and I've lost, on this stage. The 32-year-old, who is sponsored by Fila, is the first American to win the tournament since Andy Roddick in 2010.

"Things are just clicking".

In truth, it's very hard to find a pre-match position to take.

"I'm so happy where I'm at in my personal life", he said.

"I think the main reason why I'm playing so well - there is two reasons, really", he explained. Look, if I'm returning well and getting in return games, that should bode well for me, given how I serve.

"But with my coach, David Macpherson and I, when I first got to Miami, we have been having dinner every night and talking some things over. After each match I won, we would have another dinner, have another dinner, have another dinner and kept hammering that point, just be loose, and I will be a force if I can play freely, and I was able to do that".

Isner turns 33 this month and never imagined coming into this Miami Open that he would emerge as champion.

The young German star will start the final as the favorite given his 3-0 head-to-head recover over Isner.

"I'm just going to focus on what I do well and come up with a game plan with whoever I'm playing on Sunday", Isner said.

The 2012 Olympian defeated Germany's Alexander Zverev in the men's singles final, ending it with two consecutive aces to overwhelm the fifth-ranked men's player in the world. You've got to tell yourself to go for it.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Man Utd boss Mourinho declares Carvalhal 'manager of the season'
Apr 01, 2018 - 12:25
Mourinho was not also pleased when Pogba unceremoniously interrupted a Match of the Day interview he was doing. Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho in the stadium before a match on Mar 23, 2018.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top 'Smallville' Star Kristin Kreuk Also Involved Once in Allison Mack's Cult
Mar 31, 2018 - 07:38
This has many implications, as "CC-1" has supposedly forced her slaves to pose nude in photos, and is a "direct slave" of Rainier. I am deeply disturbed and embarrassed to have been associated with NXIVM . "Jness" is considered a support group for women.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Legislature approves raises, but Oklahoma teachers still plan walkout next week
Mar 31, 2018 - 07:33
It also created a new, $5 tax on hotel-motel stays. "Today, they started dismantling it by cutting millions out of the plan". Teacher compensation is now the lowest in the region and among the lowest in the country, according to education groups.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Google Street View proposal rejected by govt
Mar 30, 2018 - 00:24
Google on Wednesday announced an update to Hire, a recruiting app designed for small and medium-sized businesses that use G Suite. The log will also contain a reason as to why a Google employee was required to access a GCP account or services.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top PUBG gets weapon skins, region locked servers under consideration
Mar 30, 2018 - 00:18
For instance, in January 2018, Fortnite had more video uploads related to a video game than anything else. The skins will be the only item available in two new crates - Triumph crates and Raider crates.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top I hope I can earn back respect: Steve Smith
Mar 30, 2018 - 00:18
I'm the captain of the Australian team. "I made a serious error of judgement". "It was a failure of leadership, on my leadership". Cricket Australia, however, is expected to officially confirm the announcement of their penalties later today.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Walkie-talkie fury spares Aussie coach Darren Lehmann in ball-tampering scandal
Mar 29, 2018 - 01:28
The three will be allowed to play club cricket and were encouraged by CA to do so "to maintain links with the cricket community". We need to change how we play and within the boundaries we play.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Falling Chinese space station poses no risk: UAE Space Agency
Mar 28, 2018 - 00:33
China's out-of-control space station, Tiangong-1, is getting very close to its expected date of re-entry. The Tiangong-1 is expected to crash into Earth's atmosphere around April 1.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Rams make 23rd overall pick available in Odell Beckham Jr
Mar 28, 2018 - 00:32
Earlier in March, a video surfaced of the wide receiver with what appeared to be cocaine and a brown cigarette in hand. With rumors surfacing that the New York Giants might be looking to trade wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top North Atlantic Treaty Organisation cuts Russian permanent mission by one third
Mar 28, 2018 - 00:31
Dublin said it will expel one Russian diplomat, while Chisinau announced it had asked three diplomats to leave the country. Skripal was granted refuge in the United Kingdom following a 2010 spy exchange between the USA and Russian Federation .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Killer Mike issues apology for NRA TV interview regarding gun ownership
Mar 27, 2018 - 03:46
He ended by encouraging America's teens to keep organizing for causes they believe in. "That simple", Bender told NRATV . Martin Luther King Jr. and agreed to be interviewed by "people I might not always agree with, to listen to them".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Rams ink DT Ndamukong Suh on 1-year deal
Mar 27, 2018 - 03:44
The Los Angeles Rams could have a fearsome dynamic duo at defensive tackle in 2018 after agreeing to terms with Ndamukong Suh. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported that Gang Green had the biggest offer on the table for the former Lion and Dolphin.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top BJP targets Congress over App data breach
Mar 27, 2018 - 03:42
On Saturday, the Congress targeted the NaMo app for alleged data sharing with a US-based firm. Games often ask for permissions to access friend's lists or contacts.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Thomas Tuchel approached by two Premier League clubs after Bayern Munich snub
Mar 26, 2018 - 01:04
Plenty of German outlets backed the report and mentioned Arsenal as suitors but also noted such a move could prove tricky. But according to former Bayern player Matthaus, Tuchel is in contact with Arsenal over a new job.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Thousands teenager march in United States against gun violence
Mar 26, 2018 - 01:01
But he says it's time for change. "After Parkland happened, they walk into school fearing for their lives", she said. Nikolas Cruz, 19, has been charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder and is being held without bond.