Renault-bound Daniel Ricciardo was struggling for motivation at Red Bull

Red Bull advisor accuses Daniel Ricciardo of deceiving team

Ricciardo will be replaced at Red Bull by Toro Rosso's Frenchman Pierre Gasly.

He told a news conference that "it was a decision that probably I started thinking about a year ago.

That they can influence a guy like (Riciardo's replacement at Red Bull in 2019) Pierre Gasly I can understand, and not a driver like Daniel Ricciardo, and that I respect". I have been around long enough to know how these things go.

The Perth-born driver won his first three Formula One wins in Canada, Hungary and Belgium and finished third overall in the championship during his first season at Red Bull.

But a Red Bull spokesman has denied that is the case.

"I can only be grateful to Red Bull for giving me the opportunity to reach Formula 1 and drive for different teams".

'But once I made that decision and pulled the trigger, I felt comfortable with it.

"I am sure for some other drivers if they look outside they will find bigger challenges than the ones they have now here". It was OK, a call I had to make.

"But the third time he told me I realised it was for real and you just have to wish him well".

"It's only his second season so he lacks experience", Dr Helmut Marko told Servus TV. And I can't help but feel he wants to be a leading role perhaps in a smaller environment.

Alonso has famously made a series of poor career decisions, including turning down a chance to join Red Bull in time for their domination of the early 2010s, and leaving Ferrari at the end of 2014 believing they would never produce a competitive vehicle.

"We haven't gotten that far yet", Marko said when asked if he plans to start a new two-car squad or place his drivers in any of the existing teams. F2, here, F1, I don't know.

It's why Horner and Co. made the decision to ditch Renault and partner with new engine provider Honda in 2019 - a move they would have been hoping was enough to convince Ricciardo to stay. I think it's probably shown, particularly on Sundays, the desire is still 100 percent there.

"I felt I was ready for a change, a new challenge and just for me personally some fresh motivations".

Ricciardo is fifth in the drivers' standings behind the Mercedes and Ferrari pairings.

"I had an apology on email", he said.

"There was back and forth over the last few months".

"It wasn't easy. There were a lot of factors and variables I had to weigh up in my mind".

The Spaniard's comments appeared to be at odds with Red Bull boss Christian Horner, who suggested after Ricciardo's decision that Alonso was not under consideration.

"I'm also speak to Yamamoto about it more in-depth around the time of the Japanese Grand Prix".

"It's a massive step in my career and now I need to stay focused on the coming races because we are talking about next year but there are still nine races to go with Toro Rosso".

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Islamabad denies Pompeo, Khan discussed terrorism in Pakistan
Aug 26, 2018 - 00:10
State Dept on today's phone call", a spokesman for the foreign ministry said. Pakistan is an important partner to the United States.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Mobile Security Breach Exposes Personal Information
Aug 25, 2018 - 01:25
While we wait for more information, concerned parties can peruse T-Mobile's statement in full and smooth their fears a little. T-Mobile on Thursday disclosed a breach that exposed the personal data of about two million customers, according to a report.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Arsenal must control games to snap winless run, says Emery
Aug 25, 2018 - 01:12
He admitted that the match against his childhood club on Saturday will be a platform to prove the new Gunners boss wrong. Jonathan Pearce: No permanent Arsenal manager has ever lost his opening three games.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Philipsburg’s Matt Adams is heading back to the Cardinals
Aug 22, 2018 - 11:47
The Nationals reportedly put a number of players up for waivers on Friday, with some of them getting claimed Sunday night. In return, the Cardinals will pay what's remaining of Adams' $4 million salary for 2018, according to reports.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top England face record target against India
Aug 22, 2018 - 11:17
Kohli , who scored his first hundred in England in the first Test of the series, made 97 before being dismissed by Adil Rashid . England capitulated in a familiar fashion, at one stage losing nine wickets for 74 runs in the space of just 20.5 overs.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump says former campaign chief Manafort "good person"
Aug 21, 2018 - 00:33
Manafort was forced to step down from the Trump campaign when questions emerged about his work for Yanukovych. Donald Trump's musings on the Paul Manafort trial may not have much an effect on the outcome, experts say.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top English Premier League Report: Manchester City v Huddersfield Town 19 August 2018
Aug 20, 2018 - 02:30
He responded by getting even fitter and sharper and has proved to Pep Guardiola why he should still be City's main man. Sergio Aguero's latest hat-trick is his ninth in the Premier League, just two short of Alan Shearer's all-time record.

OnePlus may partner with T-Mobile to launch the OnePlus 6T
Aug 20, 2018 - 01:56
OnePlus 6T is going to be priced higher at $550 (Rs 38,300 approximately), but it may not be the final price, the report added. OnePlus will partner with T-Mobile for a US release of its new 6T flagship smartphone this year, according to a new report.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Omarosa Manigault-Newman Made New, Bold Claims About Donald Trump's Inappropriateness
Aug 19, 2018 - 01:28
Matthew Chapman is a video game designer, science fiction author, and political reporter from Austin, TX. Whether or not these claims are true, Manigault-Newman is stirring things up on both sides.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Turkey ready to respond if U.S. imposes more sanctions
Aug 19, 2018 - 00:31
Yesterday, a Turkish court rejected an appeal to release Brunson from house arrest, broadcaster Haberturk said. Brunson was charged with terror offenses by a Turkish court and has been held since October 2016.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Turkish court rejects US pastor Brunson's appeal for release
Aug 18, 2018 - 00:58
Qatar defied US President Donald Trump on Wednesday and promised to plough $15 billion into Turkish financial markets and banks. The currency has recovered from record lows earlier this week.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Michael Wilbon Rips Jalen Ramsey For Quarterback Trash Talk
Aug 17, 2018 - 00:38
He talked about "Playoff Blake" being good and the players wanting him to be entrusted with more by the coaches. Kirk Cousins is a "hell of a competitor" who "coming off play action", is the "best quarterback in the league".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Reality TV's Lyric McHenry found dead at 26
Aug 16, 2018 - 02:30
Lyric posted a snap of her dinner at the Soho Grand Hotel in NY with the caption: "This is where my heart is". Throughout the night she had posted a slew of Instagram videos at various hotspots across Manhattan.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Facebook acquires 2018-21 UEFA Champions League media rights in Latin America
Aug 16, 2018 - 02:18
The Spanish worldwide gave the defending Europa League titleholders the lead just 49 seconds into the match at A. Defender Ramos, the scourge of Atletico Madrid in recent years, stepped up and sent Oblak the wrong way.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Celtic crash out of Champions League at hands of AEK Athens
Aug 15, 2018 - 01:54
He said: "We conceded a soft goal against Livingston and Alashkert and against Hearts we gave away a goal". Celtic need to wait until Thursday to find out who they meet in the Europa League.